Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Dance


"Are you strong enough to stand
Protecting both your heart and mine?"

From "Heavy in Your Arms" 
by Florence + The Machine



The photo above is from a dance choreographed to Elton John's "Tiny Dancer," which my girl was in. That's her, second from the left. The three images immediately below are of moments from the dance my daughter choreographed at Dance Concert 2012. Her dancers performed to the music of "Heavy in Your Arms" by Florence + The Machine. My daughter said the dance was about struggling with the worst pain you've ever felt and then finding someone there. The images here are a mix of amateur shots that showed up on Facebook, and professional images taken by the school photographer. Oh, these beautiful children.


































9 comments:

  1. I love Florence - she's such a power! Her songs are so much about building and then collapse. The performance sounds amazing.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, it was amazing, thank you. Florence was haunting.

      Delete
  2. Is there a video? I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birdie, no video yet. But if I get one I will either post or email.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful children indeed! Thanks for sharing the event. You are rightfully one proud mama. x0 N2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a proud mama, of all these babies, not just my own. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing all that talent with your readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS! bREATHtAKING! i LOVE EVERY PHOTO...aND i ZEROED IN ON YOUR BLACK AND WHITE OF YOUR DAUGHTER...STUNNING AND UPLIFTING..LOVE THE QUOTES WHICH CARRY THE PHOTOS WITH LIGHTNESS.

    ReplyDelete