Friday, May 18, 2012

Painting the Town


My son just finished his junior year of college. His grades were good, definitely trending upward. But now he is under the weather, achy with the flu and a vicious headache. Lucky for him, his mama is coming to town. We are heading north this weekend to attend my niece's graduation (she and my son attend the same college). Her dad and mom arrived from Jamaica last night and we will all have a grand time celebrating our successful chemistry major. So grand, in fact, that I am sure my son will soon be up and at 'em with us. He's had a roller coaster week (it's all good now) and his body and heart are probably just wrung out from it. The photo above is from his freshman year, when he participated in an art project for one of his friends. I just felt like reposting it. I'm glad I'll get to see my boy tomorrow.


7 comments:

  1. Oh. I know you are looking forward to that. And he will be all well when his mama gets there. The comfort of mama's arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your visit with him. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the T shirt... looks like me on a good day. Well done to your niece; another important rung on the ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a terrific photo! Hope he feels better and you have a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor boy with the rollercoaster week. Enjoy the graduation celebration, and congrats to your niece the chemistry major!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoyed the weekend.

    This shirt reminds me of a race my friend told me about that is happening this summer. It is a splash of color thing. As you run people throw color at you or something so that by the end you are covered in it. Seems fun to think upon but in reality a bit of a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the weekend over? Was it wonderful? I love your family.
    xo dd

    ReplyDelete