Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow Globe


"Spring passes and one remembers one's innocence.
Summer passes and one remembers one's exuberance.
Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence.
Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance."

—Yoko Ono


I am having a hard time keeping my mind and heart open to the magic that I know is possible in the universe. I am just one little speck on the planet and most of the time what unfolds seems a bit of a crapshoot. If that's the case, let's hope I'm riding a lucky streak and that my hesitation to hope, much less believe, will not block my greater good from finding me anyway.



5 comments:

  1. You know, the thing with luck is often that we don't realise it until we can look back on it. But by that time we may be too happy with it to do that. Anyway, I truly hope your luck holds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sitting right beside a window with red curtains...
    I love that quote of Yoko's. I had forgotten it and I am glad you reminded me of it. Is it on her album Season Of Glass? On the cover? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words from Yoko. I hope this winter won't take too long to pass in those places where it's been so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know we are all going to have to persevere to get through this winter. Even my ten year old said he was sick of it this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And beauty, sometimes brutal, is in al of it.

    ReplyDelete