Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sibs


My son was looking for photos to post on Instagram in honor of National Sibling Appreciation Day last Friday. The Halloween photo of Cleopatra and the Ninja is one of my favorites of the pictures he found, though it's not the one he posted.


He posted this one of the sibs in the papasan chair when they were babies. My daughter says she remembers when this picture was taken. She says it is her first memory.


In response my daughter posted this picture. Then brother and sister proceeded to trade insults in the comments section ("Nobody likes you so I guess I have to love you." "You may not be the world's best sibling but you're my sibling and I wouldn't have it any other way. Love you sis." "Haha stop lying. I am the world's best sibling. Love you bro.") Just more proof of their love for each other.



8 comments:

  1. Your children- they have stolen my heart forever and for good.
    Honey, what a beautiful couple of humans you have brought into this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I feel the same way about your beautiful family, especially those precious grandboys of yours, who regularly melt my heart.

      Delete
  2. Ditto what Mary said and I am going to get beyond my love for you families outer beauty. Let's take that as a given. Ok, now the inner beauty is just as lovely. If I didn't feel love here, I might feel some envy for it all but your family - well, you are all so nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jo, thank you for generosity with which you see! They are good kids which makes me a very lucky and grateful mama. xo

      Delete
  3. I love these! Your daughter's first memory is of her brother. I, too, have a first memory of my little sister, two years younger than I. We were both in the hospital for pneumonia -- her a baby and me just a little over two years. I remember looking at her in the crib next to mine, through the slats. There is no photo of this, either. It's just in my mind. Whether you get along with your sibling or not, the relationship is utterly profound, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, when you consider that a sibling is the only one who shares an experience of being raised by one's particular parents, then yes, it's so profound. it's why i always wanted to have more than one child, so they'd be able to commiserate! After a brief spell of some distance between them in their early teens, I'm glad my two are close again. I hope they remain that way always.

      Delete
  4. Terrific photos! I am amazed your daughter can remember that picture. I'm sure I don't remember anything from THAT far back. I love the ninja outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, I was amazed she could remember too. But she described everything that was happening around that photo, and the feelings she remembers having, "nervous happiness." So specific. Her brother was something of a tornado back then, and her nature was very peaceful. Maybe that explains the nervous part. Fascinating!

      Delete