Thursday, January 26, 2017

My son is moving across the bridge

My son and his girlfriend found a great apartment across the bridge in Astoria. It's larger and sunnier than anything they looked at in the city, with a newly renovated open-concept kitchen, beautiful wood floors and a great view of the skyline. I haven't seen it yet, but I pored over pictures and I "walked" around the neighborhood on Google maps. It's a third floor walkup, but they're both super fit, so they'll be fine. And now life changes again. My son moves out in a week, which I suspect will be good for our relationship. He always likes me more when he isn't living with me! And what fun to be setting up your very own apartment exactly as you wish. Big excitement around here!

6 comments:

  1. Truly one of life's great moments- when you move into your first "own" place. I wish them much joy and many wonderful moments in their new apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new chapter for your family. It will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excitement indeed! Congratulations to the lovely couple on this major milestone! May they make many happy memories there.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is an hour and a half away. He sends me a fair amount of texts asking how to do things. I sure do miss him, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting!!! I LOVE Astoria with all the great little shops, Greek food, pastries and coffee out there! I hope they are very happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the same excitement here. One of my sons and his wife spent their first night in their own home last night. No more renting. The money they pay every month will be buying their home! I saw it on Wednesday, and it is much larger than it looked on the estate agent's ( realtor) photos. The only downside is that I have offered to take my DIL to work until she passes her driving test. ( She could walk from their old flat) It will mean getting up an hour earlier and at least an hour's round trip for me. I wish your son and his girl much happiness in their new home. The apartment sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete