Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Girls Night



The scene last evening was Lolo's Seafood Shack with three of my daughters, the one I gave birth to, and two of my heart. A wonderful time was had, cracking crabs' legs, peeling shrimp, and laughing and talking while seated around rickety whitewashed tables and roughly made benches under a corrugated-tin-roof shelter draped with fairy lights. The restaurant's back yard had a distinctly Caribbean vibe, barely a hint of Harlem in that garden. And since two of us were Jamaican born (my niece and me) and two were first-generation American children of Jamaican-born immigrants (my daughter and her friend, Gabby, who is one of my heart daughters), the Caribbean beach vibe translated pretty exactly to a Hellshire beach experience. I've been dreaming a lot about escape recently, and I believe that for a few hours last night, I achieved lift-off.


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful time and photos...Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a place where I would feel right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who says an escape has to be a continent away, or thousands of dollars in cost? Some of the best times are simply with good company and good food and conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very glad you had a reprieve. I have been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your children are soo bloody photogenic ! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i love the colors and the joy here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo and can see happiness radiating. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you and the girls had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Your family and friends are gold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Warms my heart to see the love in your family and heart family! They are one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You found the perfect place for your girls feast.

    ReplyDelete